Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-05-2006, 11:51 PM
kx250rider's Avatar
kx250rider kx250rider is offline
REAL TVs have TUBES!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Dallas
Posts: 3,239
I know where there's a 648-PV that probably could be had for little or nothing. It has all of the chassis and barrel, but is missing the BIG radio & phono chassis. Some boob put creosote all over the cabinet, and it STINKS. That's why the owner doesn't want it.

Charles
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Einar72's Avatar
Einar72 Einar72 is offline
Chasin roundies since '79
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Federal Way, Washington
Posts: 936
Hi Charles
Two silly questions.
Is it still really gooey?
Is it along the I-5 corridor?

Einar
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-06-2006, 12:23 PM
kx250rider's Avatar
kx250rider kx250rider is offline
REAL TVs have TUBES!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Dallas
Posts: 3,239
I wouldn't say it's still gooey, just smelly if in a closed room. And I don't know how you'd get that stuff off the wood... (I-5 corridor); Basically yes; it's in Encino near the 405 & 101 Freeways. If you are interested, send me an eMail and I will give you the owner's number...

[email protected]

Charles
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.