Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-25-2006, 01:46 PM
bgadow's Avatar
bgadow bgadow is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Federalsburg, MD
Posts: 5,865
For $3million he could sell the place and truck it all to somewhere with down-to-earth real estate prices and just keep on working!

I'm glad you are keeping tabs on this. I have a few places that I have done this with. None were finds like this, but you never know what little things will come of a contact. One gentleman called me back in the fall saying he was getting ready to clean out but I haven't heard from him yet. But, it could be any day.

I was kicking myself last week. There is a shop in a neighboring town that has been there probably since the 60s. I know they were a Quasar dealer in the 70s. Anyway, the real estate had been for sale for a couple years and when I rode by the other day there was a sign in the window saying they had moved. I really should have contacted them prior to this because I'm sure lots of things could have been tossed when they moved out. It might be sour grapes on my part but it really didn't look like the kind of place that would have many finds as it had been converted mostly to selling appliance, sattelite tv and that sort of thing.
__________________
Bryan
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-25-2006, 09:43 PM
peverett peverett is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 883
Kay-Halbert, you are in southern California. My father-in law lives in San Clemente, and about 10 years ago, there was a shop in downtown San Clemente with several old TVs on display. There were Predictas and other sets.

The TV shop worked on modern TVs, but these were on display. I do not know if it is still there.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.