Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #26  
Old 05-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Charlie's Avatar
Charlie Charlie is offline
On Land
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Warren, TX
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy
Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen any mention of what you are doing with the guns' screen or drive controls? What are they set at now? Are you having to crank those all the way up to get a horiz. line to show up too or (?)
Frenchy
Frenchy, I have been setting the crt screen controls using a volt meter. The controls are turned up about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way to give me the 800+ volts at the CRT cap. However, it won't produce a horz line at all.

John, you are correct... there are a few resistors there at the service switch. I've checked those... but with them still wired in... and they gave perfect readings. I'm probably going to cut one end of each and check again... just in case those readings weren't a result of the circuit looping around thru another resistor close by.

I also checked the coil you mentioned. One side is supposed to read 7 ohms and the other 12 ohms... both sides checked good.

I've been going back and re-checking readings hoping that maybe I missed something the first time around.
__________________
Charlie Trahan


He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.