Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-09-2006, 12:50 PM
blue_lateral's Avatar
blue_lateral blue_lateral is offline
...
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 530
Did you say heater to cathode short? Put a brightener on it. The most common kind of brightener for these sets has a switch on top that allows you to run normal filament voltage, using the brightener only to isolate the heaters. This is a quick and dirty fix for a heater to cathode short.

John
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-10-2006, 07:23 AM
smoker76 smoker76 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 87
I think the black 3M tape is high strength for emblems but I think 3M has a dark grey with average stick.

That brightner idea sounds good but I kept mess'n with rejuve and remove short process on the B&K 445 and currently the tube tests good with no shorts. I was very surprised. I spent alot of time with bad results til I had given up and tried one more time. I won't know if the tube has a good pic till I fix the chassis that needs caps. The 445 has had little use but a lttle moisture exposure while it looks great inside and out. The original tube looks new but the two electrolytics are original so I wonder what they do and if I have accurate test inspite of the caps.

It will take me awhile to fix the chassis because I am trying to get original type cans.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.