Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-16-2006, 10:11 PM
bgadow's Avatar
bgadow bgadow is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Federalsburg, MD
Posts: 5,865
One night I will always remember: once when we were kids we all packed in the station wagon and set out to Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ. The adults had it all planned out-having driven all the way up, after leaving we would drive down to Cape May and take the ferry across to Delaware and home from there. The plan worked fine until they got to Cape May and realized the last ferry of the night was long gone. Nobody had checked the schedule. All the motels out on the highway were flashing no vacancy signs. Meanwhile, 4 adults and 4 kids are crammed in a 77 Buick Century Wagon, it is somewhere around 1 am and we are cruising the streets of Wildwood, NJ looking for someplace to stay. Dad & Mr. Tommy stop at this old place a few blocks from the beach and when they come back they are just laughing. They said, and I've never known for sure if they were serious or not, "the clerk said they didn't have enough girls for all of us!" Anyway, Dad also said that the TV set in the lobby looked like something I would have. I didn't even get to see it but I wanted that thing!

I should have had my camera with me Saturday. In the town I was in there is a small appliance store with a large GE sign advertising Major Appliances and Color TV.
__________________
Bryan
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.