Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-19-2003, 06:54 AM
Chad Hauris's Avatar
Chad Hauris Chad Hauris is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: West Texas
Posts: 2,085
Yes, I have done this on some CTC-68's and CTC-92's. I wound 3 turns (appx.) of wire around the flyback core to provide the boost voltage. Put this voltage to one side of a DPDT switch, put the original filament supply to the other side of the switch, ran the switch output to the CRT. I mounted the switch through a hole already provided on the TV back. I then flipped the switch to the boost position for several minutes, then filpped it to "normal" filament voltage. I did this for several days. The CRT was much better. After a month or so, it got slightly dim again, so I used the boost position and then put it back to normal and it was rejuvenated again. The CRT was not perfect after using the boost setup but it was alot better. This flyback setup should not be used on tube sets as it will draw too much extra current.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.