Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-23-2006, 12:16 PM
kx250rider's Avatar
kx250rider kx250rider is offline
REAL TVs have TUBES!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Dallas
Posts: 3,239
Steve,

Great job!!!!! I remember how sad that set looked when it was mine in the 80s. I can't 100% recall, but I think that was a Gary Hough set. I am confused about where i got that one.

Did you do something with the veneer on top? It sure looks nice now! I variac'd it up when I got it, and it had high voltage. I never fooled with it after that because it was not yet collectable then, just a big old TV with a busted CRT. I was going to dump it when I moved from Northridge in '89, but Len told me he'd save it if I hauled it over there. I helped him deposit it in that loft where it was kept all these years, and Have Mercy on whoever got it down that switchback open staircase that's more like a ladder

Did Len show you his other CTC-4, which is his daily watcher that he has had since he got when he was a student in the electric shop at Beverly Hills High School? I think he said he got that set in '61.

Charles

Last edited by Kaye-Halbert TV; 07-23-2006 at 12:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.