Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-11-2006, 06:56 AM
compucat's Avatar
compucat compucat is offline
1949 Motorola 9VT1
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 970
Talking It's Here

The Zenith roundie arrived yesterday. I had no idea these sets stick so far out from the wall. It looks like it is sitting in the middle of the room. The auction listing said the picture tube tested weak on all guns. I put my B&K 430 tester on it last night and it reads full emission on all three guns, no shorts and takes a long time to drop off on the life test. Aside from a slight green halo, typical of Zenith, this looks like a new tube. The aluminum control door is bent the tube cap is cracked and the power cord with the interlock is missing but it is otherwise complete. I think I can straighten the control door but I will want to replace that tube cap. I'm going to be very particular about this one. Finding one of these sets to me is what finding a Predicta is to some others.

I took the plate cap off of the horizontal output tube and plugged the set in. I don't have a variac so I did not want to take any chances. It keeps tripping the circuit breaker so I know I've got some power supply work to do. I'm really going to enjoy working on this one.
__________________
Just look at those channels whiz on by. - Fred Sanford
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.