Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-11-2006, 05:36 PM
jstout66 jstout66 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ne
Posts: 1,484
I finally got a Zenith roundie, but the sound sucks, so I am going to have to get that figured out and then would like to use it in my office. I lucked out as mine had a new picture tube and flyback installed in the 80's. And yes.... those roundies DO stick out from the wall. Do what I did and find a nice corner to put it in. Works out much better!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-11-2006, 11:09 PM
compucat's Avatar
compucat compucat is offline
1949 Motorola 9VT1
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 970
How is the picture on your Zenith? Is the color rich and accurate? Once I get mine restored and figure out a permanent spot for it, it will probably be in a corner or in a bigger room. I have always loved these sets and never thought I would ever have one. These Zeniths are so well made. Everything that is usually plastic on other sets is metal on this one.
__________________
Just look at those channels whiz on by. - Fred Sanford
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-20-2006, 05:19 PM
compucat's Avatar
compucat compucat is offline
1949 Motorola 9VT1
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 970
Smile First Signs of Life

I found a shorted power supply electrolytic cap and upon temporarily clipping in a replacement, it no longer trips the circuit breaker. So far, I have sound and audio reception on all channels both VHF and UHF. No picture yet as the horizontal output tube is glowing at the plate after it has been on for a minute and a half.

I had no idea these sets sounded so good. Mine just has a small oval speaker but it has a lot of volume and deep rich tone. It sound far better than my stereo tv in the living room which has BBE and all the other modern gizmos. This set definitely has that warm tube sound. If the picture is anything like the audio, this will be one heck of a television.

I have noticed that the particleboard bottom of the cabinet is crumbling around the outer edges and at the cutouts. When I get the chassis sorted out, I may see about replacing the cabinet bottom. I want this set right, no matter what.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDR_0943.JPG (119.7 KB, 36 views)
__________________
Just look at those channels whiz on by. - Fred Sanford
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.