Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-17-2006, 10:56 PM
ha1156w's Avatar
ha1156w ha1156w is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: North Texas
Posts: 148
Years ago (1990 I think), I ran across a book in the "stacks" section of the University of Oklahoma's library that was what RCA submitted to the FCC in 1953 for the approval of dot-sequential compatible color. Fascinating read it was. Had photos and build details of I think four or five tri-kinescope sets, and then four or five single-CRT color kinescope sets. Also had the details of how the triniscope (single color CRT) was built too. I remember one or two of the single CRT sets had two chassis in a model-five style cabinet. Eventually they got it down to a single chassis, and made a couple more models after that. I don't know if the Model 5 was part of that document, since I didn't even know about the CT100 at that time. I was still cutting my teeth on AA-5 radios at that point. If anyone is near OKC, go and check it out. Hopefully it still exists in the old Stacks section.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.