Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #13  
Old 11-22-2003, 06:18 AM
Chad Hauris's Avatar
Chad Hauris Chad Hauris is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: West Texas
Posts: 2,085
There is an RCA console that is fairly modern that is good...probably among the last consoles they made. Think it is a 93 model. Don't remember the chassis number, I think it preceded the CTC-177. Magnavox late model consoles are pretty good too, but I think the RCA's have slightly better performance.

The Zenith consoles, from that time period are the worst...bad CRT's. My grandma got one in around 93 after their CTC-31 finally quit (I was not in the area so could not help repair). The Zenith CRT went out and I think they got it repaired under warranty, but they did not get the convergence right! I've got one of those Zeniths, think I will try converting to an RCA crt from a non-functional CTC-177 (may have to improvise a mounting system).
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.