Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-20-2015, 11:35 PM
ChrisW6ATV's Avatar
ChrisW6ATV ChrisW6ATV is offline
Another CT-100 lives!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hayward, Cal. USA
Posts: 3,552
Phil, you are a "trooper". I am impressed by the tenacity you put into your projects-and the results you get, which are well-deserved. Your CTC-4 is going to be a fine performer at some point.
__________________
Chris

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-21-2015, 12:55 AM
Phil Nelson's Avatar
Phil Nelson Phil Nelson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,030
Thanks for the encouragement. The jury's still out on this set, but at least I haven't run out of things to try.

Phil Nelson
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-11-2016, 07:19 PM
Hagstar's Avatar
Hagstar Hagstar is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Vermont
Posts: 107
Okay Phil you've been invaluable to my own CTC-4 restoration SO let me tell you some things you likely already know I've learned in case they are of help.

It's important to remember the CTC-4 chassis is one of the only color sets ever made where the local oscillator *must* be running for correct black and white setup. RCA's Color TV Troubleshooting Guide (by John R Meagher, chief engineer of the RCA service division, 1964, RCA Publishing) specifically mentions unlike practically every other set ever made the cathode bias balance of the three guns will be upset unless they are fed a 3.579545 MHz signal even during black and white setup because of the high level demodulation almost never used elsewhere. And indeed in my set I saw this to be true. I was glad I had the book because no one else had this information and assured me what I was seeing was impossible.

John H.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.