Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 12-15-2011, 02:02 AM
Tubejunke's Avatar
Tubejunke Tubejunke is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Martinsville, VA
Posts: 1,823
Thanks Phil, yes it has been suggested in this thread that the 1N34 is what I would need as a replacement for the crystal detector diode that is open (along with a coil that is in series with it) in this set that has now been sitting in stumped mode for a few years. I still battle almost no vertical sweep, but I now have an oscilloscope to help along with some formal training in signal tracing on my side. Before I was limited to the use of a DVOM and a tube tester. I have several tube testers by Hickok, one of which is a mutual conductance job from the late 40s. Unfortunately, the setup data on that one doesn't cover a LOT of tubes including several in this late 50s Zenith. From my studies of tube type television circuits I see that the vertical sweep section is probably the most simple circuit in the average set, minus the low voltage power supply I guess. Thanks agian partner! You always seem to be there with plenty of helpful information!
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.