![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
This very GE TV was installed in one amazing car. The San Diego Car Museum has Louie Matar's $75,000 Cadillac on display. Louie outfitted a 1947 Cadillac such that it could go phenomenal distances. He could change the oil in the engine while it was running. He could even change tires while it was running down the road. Quite a marvel.
He had the TV mounted upside down from the roof. I surmise that he reversed the yoke leads so the picture is right side up for viewing. The following link will take you to the YouTube video on this car. About 4:00 into the video, he shows the TV. If you have the time, watch the whole video. It was some amazing car! https://sdautomuseum.org/exhibit/lou...s-fabulous-car |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Tom C. Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off! What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4 |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Been there seen the car.
Peter |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
I had the same TV that I had gotten from a musician friend of mine who brought it up here to Indiana from Nashville where he lived previously and I tried to fix it up but I had too many problems with the set when I was trying to recap the set and replacing the tubes that as Electronic M mentioned were very odd ball tubes and some of them were too expensive for me to buy (like the High-Voltage Rectifier that this TV used which was an oddball tube that for some reason was a $30 tube on feebay and also on some of the other tube retailer sites as well, and I just couldn't justify paying $30 for that tube.)
Anyways I ended up selling it to someone locally that used to be a producer for one of the local TV stations over in South Bend, Indiana and he has it as a decoration in his mancave/museum for old Broadcast TV and TV memorabilia. |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
I bought those tubes from ESRC from the dollar menu.
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Quote:
The 2A parts might work for a damper tube if the right series parallel combo to match PIV and current requirements was reached.
__________________
Tom C. Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off! What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4 |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
“reversed the yoke leads”
This reminds me of the time when I was still a teen in HS, and some adult fell for the scam of “You have won a brand new projection TV system.” all you have to do is drive all the way down and sit through this high presser sales pitch seminar presentation to get the FREE GIFT. Which was nothing more than a cheap plastic convex lens, stuck into a cardboard box, that fit into a slightly larger one which could be adjusted for focus, which was then taped in front of any 19 inch or so color CRT TV, and then “projected” onto a cheap cardboard screen which has silver shiny paint on it. ( Best viewed in dark room, with brightness turned to max). Instructions also said... take TV to shop to reverse yoke leads to correct “inverted image”. Total rip off, but amusing!
__________________
=^-^= Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte. いとおしい人のために |
![]() |
|
|