I was wrong.. The black and white picture is smeared too. The tuner is cool now and UHF and VHF are both smeared with color or no color You can really see it on a clear picture... Still have that odd Green left side raster, but this is interesting.. When I use my VCR I have a blue screen before i fire up the DVD player. You can really see the green there. When the color is turned off, it looks like purity issues. Just a tiny bit of green. When I crank the color up all the way, the green turns red, but the blue screen just gets darker and richer in color, the chroma defect walks acroos the picture by turning the color knob back and forth. Someone here told me my yoke could be defective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdylon
oh, and since you say the black and white picture isn't smeared, look in the color circuits. Could be something simple like a bad tube in the bandpass amp, chroma demod, or chroma amp. perhaps some more attention to re-capping.
If you have the test equipment and sams I would check the color alignment. If any values are off you may be able to better troubleshoot the problem with the sams and or schematic.
|