Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-02-2011, 11:45 AM
init4fun's Avatar
init4fun init4fun is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,210
Hey !!! What gives here ???? I didnt link the words "Lionel Trains" or "front bumper" to ebay , , why is it showing up on my post like that ????
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-02-2011, 12:02 PM
kx250rider's Avatar
kx250rider kx250rider is offline
REAL TVs have TUBES!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Dallas
Posts: 3,239
I haven't counted in decades, but probably a total of 200 or so. This includes my collection of pocket TVs (a few dozen), and my collection of small CRT Sony color sets (about 40), which all together take up the space of one console. My high number was over 400 sets, and that was in 1989. It was out-of-control, and I wound up paying more for rented storage than the collection would ever be worth, so I sold off most of it. I kept a few sets with personal value to me, and since then, my "generation II" collection has built up to about as big as I want to allow it. I have to explain to my wife, how there is an apartment in a complex we have, which stands incompleted and without income, is full of old TVs. And there are numerous large TVs in every room of the house. And a motorcycle in the livingroom.

Charles
__________________
Collecting & restoring TVs in Los Angeles since age 10
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-02-2011, 03:12 PM
vts1134's Avatar
vts1134 vts1134 is offline
Looking For Time
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,534
Admiral 19A11
DuMont RA103 "Chatham"
Halicrafters T-67
Majestic 1600
Motorola VT71
RCA 621TS
RCA 630TS
RCA 730TV1 (my favorite)
Teletone TV149

I only started this crazy thing in April of this year when I bought the Majestic. Seven months later I have nine antique televisions and I hunger for more.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-02-2011, 04:18 PM
mstaton's Avatar
mstaton mstaton is offline
"Book em Dano!"
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Caldwell, Id
Posts: 1,609
It's a disease that has no cure. Started with 1 last year and now have 15 vintage sets.
__________________
"It's a mad mad mad mad world" !!
http://www.youtube.com/user/mwstaton64?feature=mhee
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Username1's Avatar
Username1 Username1 is offline
Not sure how I got here.
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County NY
Posts: 3,656
yah I was wondering what it was also that turns words into links to nonsensical places. ebay sony panasonic
wow it did it to me too..... nobody better type dirty words.... no tellin where they git linked to.
__________________
Yes you can call me "Squirrel boy"

Last edited by Username1; 11-02-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #36  
Old 11-02-2011, 06:55 PM
VintagePC's Avatar
VintagePC VintagePC is offline
Tube bug got me 05/2010
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 535
Sadly, 0.
Anyone here want to help me out?

Got a vintage tube radio. (and see the odd one pop up on listings services) but no old TVs... yet I really want to own/restore one - even a small portable, as long as it's all-tube.
Problem for me is location, more or less - none pop up, and shipping would be very cost prohibitive.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-02-2011, 07:45 PM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-SRT8 View Post
Did somebody say R/C Airplanes...?

well try this on for size

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...18#post6042839
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-02-2011, 09:11 PM
M3-SRT8's Avatar
M3-SRT8 M3-SRT8 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Worcester, Mass
Posts: 652
That Micro Bandit can honk...!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Big Dave's Avatar
Big Dave Big Dave is offline
Dead from the neck up
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Warren, OH
Posts: 474
I'm only counting restored and/or worked as is upon scoring. And away we go....

Black and white
RCA Victor 8TS30 (2011 convention score)
Magnavox 16" round (2010 convention score)
Stewart-Warner 12" round (1990 service call score)
Zenith 23H22 Tabletop (2009 convention score)
RCA 17" tabletop (2009 convention score)
Zenith 23H22 console (2005 convention score)
Hallicrafters 16" console (2003 antique store score)
Philco 12" tabletop (2002 antique mall score)
Zenith 21" tabletop (1990 curb score)
GE 9" portable (2006 antique mall score)
Zenith 17" Bugeye (2004 convention score)
Admiral 10" portable (2005 convention score)
Admiral 17" portable (antique mall score)
GE 14" tabletop (customer backed out score)
Andrea 16" console (2003 convention score)
RCA Victor 14" portable (2003 convention score)
Sylvania 17" portable (2003 antique mall score)
Admiral 19" portable (2007 convention score)

Color sets
RCA Victor CTC-9 (Newsgroup ad posted by our good freind Steve McVoy in 2005)
RCA Victor CTC-16 (1991 curb score)
Zenith 25MC32 (given by friend in about 1990)
Zenith 25NC32 (Cleveland score)
Silvertone round combo (1998 curb score)
Sylvania D-01 (1988 curb score)
Zenith rectangular combo (2004 score based on a tip from the ETF.)
Zenith 12A12C52 console (another ETF tip)
Admiral G33 series (2010 convention score)
Admiral 23" rectangular (2006 curb find)
RCA 17" portable (80's score)

I've lost count of unrestored sets. Besides, I think I got all the restored ones.
__________________
The world's worst TV restoration site on the entire intranoot and damn proud of it.
http://evilfurnaceman.tripod.com/tvsite
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-03-2011, 01:12 AM
TV-collector's Avatar
TV-collector TV-collector is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Düsseldorf / Germany
Posts: 276
Talking

Hi to everyone,

I collect since the mid 70s.
Including about 10 parts-sets they are about 200 vintage TVs from 24 countries of the world (from Finland over Spain to Australia), made by more than 135 different companies.
Don`t ask me for space-trouble, I have radios and jukeboxes, too.
Anybody out there who can beat the number of countries and companies?

Best regards,

The TV-collector
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #41  
Old 11-03-2011, 12:24 PM
rpm1200's Avatar
rpm1200 rpm1200 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 247
Should be fun to do from memory...
Main TVs:
47" Panasonic 1080i CRT rear-proj - living room daily watcher
19" Sony Trinitron in the living room for the kids (and me) to play NES/Genesis on
Sony KV-20EXR10 wall-mounted in the bedroom (parents bought it new in 1991)
13" Sony Trinitron mid-90s stereo TV in the kitchen
32" Sony Wega 4:3 1080i CRT in the basement
7" Digital Prism ATSC LCD portable

Working TVs in storage:
3 80s-vintage Sony Trinitron 19"ers
an early 80s Sony Trinitron 12"
Early 90s Sony Trinitron 13"
Citizen B&W pocket LCD (where you view the image through a mirror) with separate backlight module
Sony Watchman with AM/FM Stereo, original AC adaptor and case

Non-working TVs in storage:
Emerson radio/tape/TV boombox (radio and tape ok, TV dead)
Sony Mega Watchman mini-radio/tape/TV boombox (radio and tape ok, TV dead)
GE color TV boombox with detachable microcassette (missing top cover, needs some general TLC)
KTV 5" portable - rarely powers up, need to troubleshoot
2 VictorMaxx Stuntmaster virtual reality helmets with passive-matrix LCD monitors
Sony Vidimagic Indextron projector with Beta VCR - seems a little dim and the VCR needs new belts.

Stuff for projects:
Dukane VCP/monitor, VCP guts removed but Panasonic-made 7" color monitor is in good working shape
Mini B&W TV (3 or 4 inches) from Gerber video baby monitor, works fine
Color LCD monitor intended to be attached to a Playstation 2. I was thinking this might end up in the Emerson or another boombox.
One or two camcorder B&W CRT viewfinders
Sony KDL-32S2000 - looks like a Wiimote victim, waiting to see if a replacement LCD panel will pop up
70s vintage jeep kit for a Sony TV (isolation transformer and video buffer) - pulled out of a 70s Sony TV, plan on putting it into one of my 80s Sonys which has a weak tuner

Need to fix and give away or just ditch:
32" Sony Trinitron works great with the back off, no picture and constant flashing LED with the back on, probably a broken trace near the FBT
35" RCA, early-90s, needs power supply repair kit to be put in (I have the kit, just have never gotten around to it)
50" Sony plasma monitor - suspect Y sus and buffer boards
Philips Magnavox (really Funai) 9" TVCR, was working recently but just took a fall and not worth fixing if it broke. Even if it still works I don't need it anymore.
20" Coby with DVD player, lots of filter caps are bulging, did not even bother plugging it in after picking it up off the curb.
2 13" Samsungs (early 90s) - nothing wrong with them but do not need
13" Zenith (early 90s) - ditto

So that's about 33 TVs/monitors. I definitely used to have a lot more.

ETA: The ad link that came up for my Mega Watchman actually pictures the one I have - an FD-555! Mine does not have the original stickers like the linked one (which is for sale on amaz0n).
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Kinda like guns-More than I need, but not as many as I want....(grin)
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Komet's Avatar
Komet Komet is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Varese (Italy)
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komet View Post
About 50, I'll put some photos later
Ehr... Wrong count 106
My father will kill me

Blaupunkt Sevilla 110
Blaupunkt IR16
Blaupunkt P1442-47
Blaupunkt CTV200 1970
Brionvega Hydrus 23''
Crown 5TV204
Du Mont Tennesee
Diamond D119 1960
Emerson Mig 12
Emerson Lightning
First Line Colour 6 PAL/SECAM
Galaxi Galaxor 22 1978
Galaxi 27 PIL Professional 1978
Grundig Super Color Stereo 56-250CTI 1984
Grundig Super Color 1832IT
Grundig P40-342CTI
Grundig P42-342CTI
Grundig 14'' italiano
Grundig Chassis CUC3400
Grundig Super Color 1615S
Grundig Super Color 5012 1974
Grundig P37-343 bianco
Grundig P37-343 nero
Grundig P37-342
Grundig TVR4500CTI/text
Hitachi Kidocolor CPT2650/S
Hyper Shiljalis 402DE
Hyper Anon.
Indesit 12L
Indesit 26SI 1978
Irradio RCTV045
ITT Ideal Color 3638
ITT Nokia 4030 OS
Karma TV200
Magnadyne Alfa 1
Magnafon Dik 2
Minerva Chassis CUC3400
Minerva P3742
Mivar 17PF1
Mivar T57 12''
Mivar T59C 1978
Mivar 20M1
Mivar Teport T34
Mivar 28S1
Mivar 14C5V
Mivar 14C5V
Mivar 14M4
Mivar 9BN2V
Mivar 16C1V
Mivar Tebond 23'' 1968
Mivar Baltico 611/23 1963
Mivar 21L1 Planivision 1990
Mivar 14P2 (Sister room)
Mivar 28M6 (Living room)
Naonis 9''
New Tech CTV600E
Pael 12''
Panasonic Panacolor CT-28 1968
Philips 17TI200U 1958
Philips Leonardo 21TD310 1960
Philips 17TI220U 1960
Philips 20C939
Philips 15CT2309
Philips Van Gogh 22CS5240 1985
Philips Canaletto 22C549 1976
Philips 17TI200U 1958
Philips 17TX120U
Philips Mantegna 26C365 1974
Philips 14GR1221
Phonola 25KX1201
Quasar MM42 Plasma
Radiomarelli RV109 1955
RCI Anon.
Roadstar TV400N
Roadstar CTV5501
Roadstar CTV5555
Roadstar CTV1010XK/S
RW CTV100
Samsung WS-32Z316V
Sharp 10P8G
Siemens FC908
Sinudyne 2441 1969
SIP Celint VDT16 Videotel
Sonoko TV5060
Sony KV19XTMA
Sony KV1446TA
Sony KVM1420A
Sony 5-303
Sony KV1820E 1976
Sony KE32TS2E LCD
Sony KV14T1A
Sony KV2000
Sony 8-301W 1959
Sony 25FX30E (Parents room)
Sony KV2204ET
Sony KV2210
Soundcolor MZ1410 (Kitchen)
Telefunken TTV8/17 1959
Telefunken 1723 Electronic
Telefunken T458-1106
Telefunken PALcolor 614 1973
Telefunken 12'' b/w
Telefunken PALcolor DC885J Supersonic 1976
Telefunken PALcolor 8860 Supercontrol 1978 (My room)
Theletron 23''
Anon. 5,5'' b/w

Update: +1 http://www.ebay.it/itm/270840111650?...84.m1497.l2649

Last edited by Komet; 11-03-2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Update
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-04-2011, 01:51 AM
Tom Albrecht's Avatar
Tom Albrecht Tom Albrecht is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 683
I've got about 20 sets, all restored and working. Many of them can be seen here (mixed in with my radio collection): http://www.radiomuseum.org/collectio..._albrecht.html

Although I'm sure I'll collect a few more in the coming years, I think I've generally got more than enough. Lately I've discovered that I enjoy restoring sets for other people perhaps more than collecting more of them myself. All the fun without consuming more space when the restoration is complete! I've done about 30 sets for others in the last few years. Would hate to find room for those in my house!

Right now quite a few of mine are at SFO airport as part of their antique TV exhibit. I'm enjoying their absence from my house as much as the airport visitors are enjoying looking at them to burn up some time while waiting for their flights... Lots of room in the house at the moment, and it's kind of nice!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-04-2011, 04:56 PM
ChrisW6ATV's Avatar
ChrisW6ATV ChrisW6ATV is offline
Another CT-100 lives!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hayward, Cal. USA
Posts: 3,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komet View Post
Update: +1
I do not know Italian at all, but I think I understand this :

VENDO COME NON FUNZIONANTE!!!

It means "The item does not work!" or very similar, am I correct?
__________________
Chris

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.