View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 04:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
I've looked at the idler gear assembly and it looks to be intact yet, I think it might be mainly a belt issue, but not sure until I can find out what the size of the belts are that this VCR needs because I looked over at SMC Electronics supply and their supply of belts go by the belt diameter and not necessarily by make and model of VCR.
Thats great the idler is OK.I would try a belt from another VCR if you have any non working VCRs there that you can salvage one off it.As long its a hair tighter then the bad belt .You dont want one too tight.It will put a load on the capstan motor and could burn it out.It should work until you find a new replacement.Atlease you will find out if the mechanism works ok with out chewing up your tapes.BTW ..Use a tape that you dont care if the VCR eats it.upI use 2 pencils and gently move the pencils out and see which one is smaller and use it.Just remember which belt is the original.If the original is smaller.Just keep looking until you find one a hair smaller then the original .Thats the quick way in finding one that works.Also you can measure the belt by stretching it out on the ruler like on the SMC site shows.

http://www.smcelectronics.com/vcrrep.htm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BELTMEAS.JPG (73.8 KB, 6 views)
Audiokarma