View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
Thats great the idler is OK.I would try a belt from another VCR if you have any non working VCRs there that you can salvage one off it.As long its a hair tighter then the bad belt .You dont want one too tight.It will put a load on the capstan motor and could burn it out.It should work until you find a new replacement.Atlease you will find out if the mechanism works ok with out chewing up your tapes.BTW ..Use a tape that you dont care if the VCR eats it.upI use 2 pencils and gently move the pencils out and see which one is smaller and use it.Just remember which belt is the original.If the original is smaller.Just keep looking until you find one a hair smaller then the original .Thats the quick way in finding one that works.Also you can measure the belt by stretching it out on the ruler like on the SMC site shows.

http://www.smcelectronics.com/vcrrep.htm
yeah I still have two of the 3 original belts yet, I actually had several old VCR Belts laying around in my parts bin stash but only one of the belts was the correct size for what I needed (the biggest belt on this VCR) the other two belts were too small compared to what I had belt wise laying around, bad part is that I don't seem to have a ruler right now, so I can't measure anything right now, I have a couple of tape measures laying around but those won't work very well.