Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Not sure how I got here.

ABS was developed and installed in trucks first as I remember. Stopping distance and movie effects are two different things. And yes, Honda's seem to be very distinctive in the sound of their horns, like them or not....

I was pretty unhappy with the laws mandating seat belt use when they came out, now that it seems drivers have at their disposal so many things to play with, and do while in the driver's seat, I am now quite happy that I now use them regularly.... Besides, the fact that safety devices are greater in number inside each car now, than in the 70's does not change the fact that 70's cars were unsafe in other ways.... Poor visibility, doors that offered little or no protection from side impact, seat belts that often did more damage than prevented, the lack of energy absorbing crash zones inside and outside of the cabin.

I still think most of the older cars looked better, but I would not trade my '89 prelude for a dozen 73 mustangs that I need to depend on for reliable transportation, or drivers safety. And the newer stuff even beats the prelude.... (not in looks though, or coolness) Prelude = My new mustang