Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-21-2009, 12:19 PM
kx250rider's Avatar
kx250rider kx250rider is offline
REAL TVs have TUBES!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Dallas
Posts: 3,239
I've known of him, and spoken with him on the phone a few times over the past 30 years. Nice guy, and definitely one of the longest-time TV people among us. You get what you pay for, and he charges fair market prices for good stuff

He used to send out news letters/catalogues to all of the TV collectors, by mail, in the 80s. I'd drule over some of his prewar sets, which he used to find more often in the 80s on the East Coast. I never was able to afford one from him, and Arnold Chase or Kent Warner (R.I.P. circa 1985) would always snap them up.

Charles
__________________
Collecting & restoring TVs in Los Angeles since age 10
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-21-2009, 12:29 PM
jeyurkon's Avatar
jeyurkon jeyurkon is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Michigan
Posts: 1,699
Now I wish I had bid more aggressively on those 15 sets near Detroit. There was a Garod among them.

John
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.