Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-28-2010, 06:06 AM
cwmoser's Avatar
cwmoser cwmoser is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 552
Tubejunke, I just noticed your Location - "Rectumoftheuniverse, VA".
Thats funny.

I live just outside of Winston-Salem, NC and like you don't know of many folks in the Carolinas who collect TV's. Many more Radio collectors though.

Those were nice TV's ... but where are we going to put them? Wife says enough is enough :-)

Carl
__________________
CW
1950 Zenith Porthole - "Lincoln"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-03-2010, 01:53 AM
Tubejunke's Avatar
Tubejunke Tubejunke is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Martinsville, VA
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmoser View Post
Tubejunke, I just noticed your Location - "Rectumoftheuniverse, VA".
Thats funny.

I live just outside of Winston-Salem, NC and like you don't know of many folks in the Carolinas who collect TV's. Many more Radio collectors though.

Those were nice TV's ... but where are we going to put them? Wife says enough is enough :-)

Carl
Carl, I didn't remember that you were that close by. Small world! Yeah, I just can't do it anymore Carl! I used to get to cramped up and I would part out one of my worst sets just for room. I simply can not break apart a nice Space Command from the fifties and a like new 24 inch CRT. I guess I can give it to a Goodwill where it will probably go in the dumpster. At least I won't know! Then I feel like if it's going to a dumpster than I should at least save the CRT. I REALLY should just repair it, but I have become interested in other sets and the Zenith had some mystery problems that I never figured out with my training and skills at that time. I am graduating an electronics degree program in the Spring. Between that and HS electronics, I should be able to find a mystery short in a TV and get vertical sweep. With low use on the chassis, fly, and CRT, the set would make an excellent daily user. Now I REALLY want that Philco. I mean the set is playing in the picture for $50!

As for a wife, I am scared to even bring a woman to my house. People seem to, well, not get it when it comes to reasoning why someone captivated by TV sets form before their birth. I can see a woman telling me that my stuff is junk; so I will put her out on the curb.....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-03-2010, 05:11 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubejunke View Post

As for a wife, I am scared to even bring a woman to my house. People seem to, well, not get it when it comes to reasoning why someone captivated by TV sets form before their birth. I can see a woman telling me that my stuff is junk; so I will put her out on the curb.....
Hehehehehehe...People come in here & see all the various & sundry "One-Eyed Monsters" & 5711 different radios lookin' back at 'em, & they get this nervous smile...Kinda like they would, I guess, if they stumbled into Jason or Freddy's houses....Oddly enuff, I kinda LIKE it that way....My wife just shakes her head & tells herself how much she's gonna get when I kick the bucket & she gets to sell all of it...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-03-2010, 05:26 AM
cwmoser's Avatar
cwmoser cwmoser is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 552
"My wife just shakes her head & tells herself how much she's gonna get when I kick the bucket & she gets to sell all of it... "

He he. My wife and I attend estate sales most weekends. We kid one another that when we "pass on" that all our prized possessions will be auctioned and set out on the lawn in "bag fulls, and box lots" :-)

Be nice when we "pass on" that there will still be folks who know what this stuff is that we are collecting.

Carl
__________________
CW
1950 Zenith Porthole - "Lincoln"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.