Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 10-31-2008, 02:10 AM
Hemingray's Avatar
Hemingray Hemingray is offline
Vintage Geek
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Evening Shade, AR
Posts: 307
I'm gonna suspect a dead speaker. I encountered the same problem with a General Television AA5 AM radio that I'd repaired. Best way to check this is to put another speaker across it, If you get sound then, then the speaker is a dud.

While you're in there, give the 50C5 a quick test. There has never been a time where I DON'T come across a 50C5/50L6 that has tested usable (on my tester, (Sencore TC142), they'll barely make it to 40 (good is 70+).) The only case of a good tube, would actually be the 50L6 on my General Television (more on that later. lol)
__________________
Death: Man how old is this TV?, You probably get the DuMont network on this thing!
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.