Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #30  
Old 07-28-2010, 07:31 AM
miniman82's Avatar
miniman82 miniman82 is offline
First Light: 1952-2011
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Great Mills, MD
Posts: 4,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeyurkon View Post
Actually I have a Canon Digital Rebel and I shot the images at 1/8 sec to make sure I had full frames. I tried turning the brightness down until it was nearly invisible, but the raster was still too bright in the photo with normal room light.
Did you also stop down the aperture? I shoot in aperture priority mode almost exclusively, so I can control how much light gets in. It can also help if you use the AE lock function (if equipped), or simply meter the shot on a different object before shooting. If you meter on the screen the rest of the frame will be dark, if you meter just below the screen the brightness of the sceen will wash out the frame. You're looking for something in between.

It can help if you put the camera into auto mode, look through the viewfinder, and see what it's using for settings on and off screen. For example if it gives you 1/8 sec@f/8 on the screen and 1/2 sec@f/2.4 off screen, try manually setting it for 1/4 sec@f/4 and see what happens. Play with it, eventually you'll get it right. here's a hint: backlighting the shot helps a lot.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.