Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 08-21-2010, 08:07 AM
ChuckA's Avatar
ChuckA ChuckA is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Albrecht View Post
I'm guessing that one has been refinished with clear finish after stripping the original dark mahogany stain. Or did they have a lighter version? Might have to research a bit to see if I can find any evidence of the lighter color being available originally.
Tom,

I'm not sure about it being original either. I know that the original preproduction units were in walnut, but I never saw one with blond finish, or read anywhere that it was available in anything but dark mahogany. Also the veneer is mahogany, could have been what RCA called "toasted mahogany", but if you look at the edges of the lid it's dark, another "gotcha". Really need to see it in person, but if it goes cheap......


Chuck
__________________
www.myvintagetv.com

Learn from the mistakes of others -
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.