Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #27  
Old 07-08-2011, 08:43 PM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
RCA 741PCS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,826
Finally, on to rubbing out the finish. I think 11 months is long enough to let the lacquer cure



There was a lot of overspray on the sides so I had to start out with some 400 grit first. Then, some 600 grit wet sanding and steel wool.
I think in the future I'll make some effort to shield surfaces from overspray to save some time and effort.


Next, pumice stone. I used the opportunity to try out an idea I've had for a while.
I haven't found a local source of good felt pads and they can be a little pricy online, so I tried large felt furniture pads.


They actually work pretty well on large flat surfaces, but for angled our curved surfaces the thinner flexible pads are still the way to go.


After about two hours work, one side is done
__________________
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.