![]() |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
CT100 info
Has any body replaced the selenium rectifier in the
CT100 with diodes?Info appreciated. What's the name of the parts house in Pennsylvania That carries a great deal of old stuff. I think it Starts with an M |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
__________________
Evolution... |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Last edited by grimer; 10-17-2011 at 10:39 AM. |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
This previous thread discusses the selenium issue.
Looks like the votes are about evenly split between replace vs. leave alone. FWIW, the previous owner of my CT-100 did replace the seleniums. If you replace 'em, disconnect the old unit completely (that is, don't wire the diode in parallel). Regards, Phil Nelson Phil's Old Radios http://antiqueradio.org/index.html |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Some times they short and relese toxic selenium gas.
__________________
Tom C. Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off! What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4 |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Believe it. I've experienced shorted selenium(s) clearing out a shop.
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
They develop reverse leakage also.
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
I had once case where a selenium smoked real bad, and the only thing that went open was the windows, and they stayed open for about a week
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
If you use them, fuse them.
I've had good luck with old test equipment and radios that use them, but not in TV's where they see higher loads. John |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|