Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 01-26-2014, 11:00 AM
CaryLee's Avatar
CaryLee CaryLee is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Farmington, New Mexico
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggregg View Post
Been my experience that some of the worst looking caps still work. You just never know.

You didn't leave the old caps in circuit, did you?
No. I cut them out and replaced them all, except for the one electrolytic I came up short on..I soldered it back in as a "placeholder" until I can get a new one today.

I did leave the aluminum cans in place, so I assume their "grounds" are still attached to the chassis. (Except for one that is attached to an insulating board which seems to have a separate ground as part of another circuit, C6 in the SAMS: Decoupling and Vert. Amp. Cathode, so it's ground is still connected to it's circuit) But the positive leads were cut loose and soldered to the positive leads of the new electrolytics.

Would there by any problems associated with that? Should I "gut" the old aluminum can caps?
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.