![]() |
|
#28
|
|||
|
|||
|
Yeah the chassis itself, the metal was pretty clean. It was all the other metal parts, such as the ground rivets or potentiometer cases that had a thick coat of white powder.
Still no luck. Tried bridging additional caps over either halves of the power supplies. Have tested 3 different 3kp4's in it an no change, so I don't think it's a heater/cathode problem with the CRT, nor a filter cap problem. Hard to tell if it's 60 or 120Hz hum. As I understand it, 120 is four bars of alternating light and dark and 60 is two. Unfortunately, bars are usually not visible, but momentarily and since they move and are so faint, it's hard to tell. In Kiver's "TV SERVICING TIMESAVERS" it suggests to use a scope on all the cathodes to try to ID the largest amplitude 60Hz signal. Maybe from that I can ID an offending tube, bad lead dressing, lead, or bad socket. Not willing to throw in the towel just yet. |
|
|