![]() |
|
#16
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
subtle cabinet differences besides the electronics within. I have both the DuMont RA-119A and RA-119B models. In these pictures, the "B" model is on the left, the "A" on the right. Crosley also produced a TV set using the 30BP4 CRT. (not mine) . |
|
#17
|
|||
|
|||
|
Yes its still sitting in my kitchen.
What we need is another TV museum. Maybe one on the west coast. On CRT_Test2 it does show that the emission is low. But its been off for quite a long time and it might come up after an hour or so.
__________________
|
|
#18
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
It was a Frankenset! Marked on the back was a notice, "There is an Admiral chassis in this Crosley cabinet! Naturally, there was a britener on the rebuilt CRT. The Admiral chassis came from one of the first 27" Admirals, CA 1953. |
|
#19
|
||||
|
||||
|
How about central Texas? Like say... the Austin area?
__________________
=^-^= Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte. いとおしい人のために |
|
#20
|
|||
|
|||
|
How about at your house?
The problem for museums is that they operate at a loss. Even the government ones. If you could get your land and building free, you would still have to convince the local government for property tax exemption. And then there's electric and gas (heat) bills you would have to deal with.
__________________
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#21
|
||||
|
||||
|
Back in like 2018-2019 a fellow (IIRC he goes by telecrusier here on VK) put on a presentation about a museum of IIRC TV broadcast equipment he opened in an old car dealership in Texas. That and the Texas antique radio club are probably your best bet for local-ish
__________________
Tom C. Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off! What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4 |
|
#22
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
EDIT, for example. If,,, IF the ETF was as close as Kilgore, TX, I would not hesitate to steal a pickup from someplace, an releave Steve of some of those free TVs he has to offer, no matter what condition, but as I mentioned, Hilliard, OH is a weeee bit too far for me. :I
__________________
=^-^= Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte. いとおしい人のために Last edited by Yamamaya42; 07-22-2021 at 02:51 PM. |
|
#23
|
|||
|
|||
|
So what are we going to do about all these antique sets? There are guys in CA. who are into antique cars etc. Shouldn't be too hard to find one whose into TV's There's Chuck Pharis. But I think he's loaded up.
http://www.pharis-video.com/ I sure hate to see them end up in a landfill.
__________________
|
|
#24
|
||||
|
||||
|
There's a couple of sets at the museum that I have CRTs for(looks like the CRTs are bad in all the free sets), and happen to like a little, but right now I am already probably beyond capacity. I need to have some things work out so I can get my own house and some out buildings for storage so I can take advantage of the increasing number of situations like this.
__________________
Tom C. Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off! What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4 |
|
#25
|
|||
|
|||
|
A solution to the transportation problem...
is UShip.com. They even have a TV show about this called Shipping Wars on the Quest channel.
Its about private individuals who bid for shipping jobs all across America. Many of their items are much larger than an antique TV set. Just an idea.
__________________
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#26
|
||||
|
||||
|
Did anyone take the Royal Sovereign, or is that still looking for a home?
|
|
#27
|
|||
|
|||
|
I am having trouble with the private messaging on this forum.
Well, so far, no. There is a guy who is coming up from Augusta GA. to check the CRT but he hasn't arrived yet. He said he was going to have to make space in his storage rental. He has another chassis with the coil in it. I think he is on this board.
__________________
|
|
#28
|
||||
|
||||
|
Keep us up to date on what happens. If no one takes it, I might be interested, but only if the CRT is good after a "cook-in." I have a suitable HV coil that I think I can make work for it. Cabinet would have to be free of any wood or veneer damage. It would be very expensive and somewhat risky to ship out here, but I'm willing to look into it.
|
![]() |
|
|