![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yet another Test Eqipment project! BK Precision 1077B.
I have always wanted one ever since I saw one of them in HS, and it blew me away how it worked, so I finally gave in and got a couple, cheap.
First one seems really clean looking, seller said it is working, which I doubt, as there's something missing in this picture. http://suzaku.live-evil.org/ezgif-61b06a3c43119908.jpg So I got another cheap one. http://suzaku.live-evil.org/ezgif-604c1d51370434b0.jpg This one HAS the missing part, and 2 templates, but said was unsafe to use as it was "smoking",I spotted something odd in the picture. It came today. I was correct, I did spot something.. http://suzaku.live-evil.org/20260923_203627.jpg SMOKE source. ![]() did not even have to plug it in. http://suzaku.live-evil.org/20260923_203644.jpg Not even sure if this CRT is good or bad, It's an odd type, not sure how to test it, does not match the schematic. Now I wait for the other one to come.
__________________
=^-^= Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte. いとおしい人のために |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Well, the CRT from the unit with the damaged yoke IS good, or has good emissions.
http://suzaku.live-evil.org/20260924_184736.jpg Took a bit to work out how to test it, as it has 14 pins, not 12, like shown in the docs. Now I wait for the one they say was "working" to show up.
__________________
=^-^= Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte. いとおしい人のために |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
I've got 2 1076's. The second one was found behind a shopping center's defunct TV shop. It was in rough shape. It looked like it sat out in the elements for 6 months. I set it out in the sun for a whole day to dry it out. It had rust spots and cobwebs on the chassis. I cleaned it up AND it did power up. Vertical was screwed up which required some new caps. Also some 2.2M resistors had gone off value. Surprisingly I did not have any problem with the yoke!
If you're looking for transparencies, you can make your own. Simply download the pattern you require. It needs to be about 333x444 but if not, you can resize it in "Paint." Print that image to a printer and take that print to Staples or Office Depot and ask for a transparency to be made. They do it on a laser printer so the image will not rub off. You can ask for extra contrast if you think it is needed. The last one I did cost me about 75 cents. Then cut down to size to fit the Analyst's slide holder. What you're missing is the pickup tube. There are 2 different tubes used in these and they will not interchange (different number of pins) The newer one produces a sharper image. I've seen them on Ebay. Good luck.
__________________
Last edited by kf4rca; 09-28-2026 at 12:33 PM. |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
the other unit came that was said to be "working" and as I suspected, it dont work so well!
http://suzaku.live-evil.org/20260928_184419.jpg At least it does not smoke! The main cap on it is DEAD! http://suzaku.live-evil.org/20260928_191825.jpg Replacements coming.
__________________
=^-^= Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte. いとおしい人のために |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
It's working!
![]() Sort of. I did not order the NP 20 uf cap on the video output on the thing, and it's REALLY bad, leaky, put a temp smaller film cap in for testing. http://suzaku.live-evil.org/20260929_205605.jpg ordered a 22uf film cap 450v
__________________
=^-^= Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte. いとおしい人のために |
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
The bad, very leaky cap that cause there to be over 120V dc on the video output terminals of the unit.
http://suzaku.live-evil.org/20260930_195456.jpg And the replacement that's on the way. https://www.mouser.com/en/ProductDet...rrencyCode=USD One Illinois-Capacitor out, and one in!
__________________
=^-^= Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte. いとおしい人のために |
![]() |
|
|