![]() |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
2 days ago got a NEC Multisync M500 (JC-1572VMA-1). Bought and picked it up without testing (though for 10 euro it's a risk I'm willing to take), but it doesn't work properly. Power LED on, it recognizes a signal (without one it drops to standby), the degauss thunk fires, the relay sounds normal, and there's a faint orange glow at the tube neck. There's no static feeling on the screen and no raster. Checking voltages on the flyback (4710-5705 / HFT2009) one pin spikes to 15V only to drop again on power up and everything else on the flyback stays low.
There are also no obvious blow/leaky caps though it's hard to properly check on close as it's now been a day and I still can't figure out how the board is held in the case, I removed all screws and can't find any latches. Anyone any idea what it could be? Or if someone has a service manual (or a non-destructive way to get the main board out, as for the life of me can't figure that out) it would be greatly appreciated. Here are some possibly helpful images: https://imgur.com/a/2grwJEl Edit: Found a way to open it, it was held by 2 tabs that seem to require almost breaking the case to get loose. Some pictures of the component sides of the boards: https://imgur.com/a/gVNjPF8 Last edited by TinnedTrace; Yesterday at 02:42 PM. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
.
Good Morning- You will have to get a service manual to this thing and begin looking at the power supply circuits most likely you have a bad capacitor somewhere. The NEC manuals have strange diagnostic steps and not very informative snipits of how it all works. I have a 15" NEC Multisync that also needs work that I need to work on this winter. .
__________________
Yes you can call me "Squirrel boy" |
![]() |
|
|