Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #37  
Old 08-02-2011, 06:40 PM
kvflyer kvflyer is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fernandina Beach, FL
Posts: 1,130
BTW,

After the set was working just fine on the bench for about 2 hours, I heard a pop and the picture looked like this. Linearity control was able to fill the screen but linearity was even worse. Height control didn't do much. Changed a few resistors to no avail. I tried a substitute cathode capacitor on the 6S4, thinking maybe it went south. I was disgusted so I let it sit for several weeks.



Look at the voltages of the vertical section. The problem was staring right at me but I didn't see it. The voltage on the plate of V401A, the Oscillator was 175 Volts instead of 100 Volts. The next key was rotating the height control did not change the voltage. Hmmmm.



Long story short, one of the guys mentioned tin whiskers. I took out the 2.5 meg height control and cleaned it up. Problem solved. Must have had whiskers!

Now, it works just fine. Just a heads up for your
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.